Hello, ladies. Welcome to another post!
Who is….”The Other Woman?”. Despite the stereotype of “The other woman” being prettier, smarter, richer, or “better” in other ways than a man’s wife, it’s actually pretty common for this stereotype not to be accurate at all.
Often a wife will contact me surprised at who the husband is cheating with. They just don’t understand he sees in the OW. In talking with many on this topic, I now have a couple of other thoughts on why husbands cheat on us with women that are not ‘together’.
**I know the things I state below is not true of everyone that is a mistress, tons of reasons why two people engage in extra-marital affairs; this is just my opinion of a portion of mistresses. I am also aware that some mistresses had no idea the man they were engaging with was married.
1. A cheating husband is not looking for ‘wife material’ when he cheats. He is looking for someone that is willing to have sex and make him feel good. If you meet the criteria, then a match is made, and it is typically that simple. The cheating husband often doesn’t look too much past those criteria. Basic questions like ‘Is she crazy?’ or ‘How does she act in public?’ does not cross his mind.
2. Women with lower self-esteem are easier to entice into a cheating situation. They will be more willing to be a ‘side chick’ than a stronger, more confident woman.
3. Since the OW has low self-esteem, she can easily turn a blind eye to all the lies it takes to maintain an affair.
4. Since the OW does not have herself together, she often needs/wants assistance from your husband. This is typically pay off in exchange for keeping quiet. It can be money, trips, jewelery.
5. Self-centered women are often the OW. They choose not to think about their actions and how it might impact others, they take the stance of ‘it is all about me’.
6. Our husbands get into affairs with women who will actually believe all the hype and lies about the two of them “being together”, so they’ll put up with anything as long as this promise gets dangled in front of them. The truth is that while some husbands leave when they get caught, much more stay and dump the mistress, leaving the power with the wives hands to choose to stay or leave the marriage.